Home / Learn to Sail
Learn to Sail
- 2 hour sailing experience for anyone; how to get started for beginners; an introduction to sailing in a casual setting. 3 people per boat.
- Costs is $45 - adults except on certain dates when ages 8 and above can attend
- 2023 Dates are as follows: May 7th, June 4th, July 9th, August 6th, September 10th, October 1st
- All day class, solid foundation of sailing knowledge with time on the boat and lunch, using variety of boats, using "Start Sailing Right" and "Little Red Certification Book"
- Cost is $50 ages 12 and above with parent or 14 and above without
- Dates: Registration Closed for 2023
Women/Everyone on the Water (WOW/EOW)
- WOW Woman on the Water in June and August
- EOW Everyone on the Water in July
- 4 week sessions every Tuesday evening from 6-8pm. Low pressure and social, chalk talk, sail and debrief with instructors using "Start Sailing Right"
- Cost is $160 for 4 sessions adults only
- 2023 Dates are as follows:
- WOW Session 1: June 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th - 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM (OPENINGS Available but going fast!)
- EOW Session 1: July 11th, 18th, 25th, August 1st - 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM (FULL but accepting Wait List - will strive to expand program entries)
- WOW Session 2: August 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th - 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM (OPENINGS Available but going fast!)
Cruising, Bareboat and Blue Water Seminars
- Learn from our LNYC captains and plan your own adventure. We will hold seminars led by LNYC members on the following topics: Chartering, Provisioning, Itinerary and Safety.
- No Cost appetizers and drinks
- Dates and Details for 2023 TBD
Instructor / Volunteer Sign Up: Please go to this link(LNYC Members only please)
Please reach out to me with any questions.
Paul DiMarco, LNYC 2023 Adult Sailing Chair
Last updated 8:34pm on 31 May 2023