Additional Learn to Sail Opportunities
Second Level Sail
- The Second Level September Sailing course is designed as a next step to improve your skills. Do you want to be ready for the Start Line or interested in learning more about maximizing performance of a sailboat? This course will help you learn to analyze, adjust, and shape your sails for maximum speed. How to adjust the boat's sail controls for optimum performance. This course brings your sailing skills to a new level using a small sailboat. Each session will begin with chalk talk and then time on the water.
- The chalk talk will be taught by: BJ Jones, Tim Porter, Steve Shaw, Dave Rink and Mike Minett.
- Cost - $150 non members and $50 LNYC members for 4 classes
- Tuesdays from 6-8pm - September 6, 13, 20 and 27
The topics we will cover are:
- Racing 101 -Start line clinic and mark roundings
- Racing 101 - SI, NOR, race flags, courses
- Sail Trim and boat performance
- Course Strategies, Reading Wind Shifts
- 4 clinics on small boats: Thistle, Highlanders, U20, Vanguard, 420, Flying Scots
- Bring your own boat or crew on a boat
- Register here: https://theclubspot.com/register/camp/VzLiALHLjW/class
Cruising, Bareboat and Blue Water Seminars
- Learn from our LNYC captains and plan your own adventure.We will hold seminars led by LNYC members on the following topics: Chartering, Provisioning, Itinerary and Safety.
- No Cost appetizers and drinks
- Dates:April 1st, June 11th, August, October
SUNFISH clinic Sunday August 21 9-12
This clinic will be filled with on-the-water sailing activities coached by LNYC Fleet Captain and long time Sunfish Sailor: John Butine - activities designed to improve sailing skills and make you a better sailor. Both experienced sailors and those new to sailing will find this clinic to be of great help in getting to the next level of sailing skill. We will suggest a $10 donation to the Junior Sailing Program at LNYC.
What to Wear and Bring:
Bring your boat. If you need a boat, please make sure we know, The clinic will be sailed in rain and/or hot weather (but we won't sail during thunderstorms) - so bring the appropriate rain and weather gear. Even though the clinic will move back and forth from on-sore to on-the-water activities, be prepared to spend a lot of time on the water.
Questions? More information can be obtained by contacting Kim Gilliam at email@example.com
Registration Link coming soon.
- We will help connect you with the right instructor to enhance your sailing skills. Whether you're a first year sailor, need helping docking your keelboat or need fine-tuning your racing skills we will tailor the instructor to your needs.
- Dates: As needed determined by instructor and student
Last updated 1:47pm on 9 August 2022