Second Level Sail (adults only)
The Second Level September Sailing clinic is designed as a next step to improve your skills. Do you want to be ready for the Start Line or interested in learning more about maximizing performance of a sailboat? This course will help you learn to analyze, adjust, and shape your sails for maximum speed. How to adjust the boat's sail controls for optimum performance. This course brings your sailing skills to a new level using a small sailboat. Each session will begin with chalk talk and then time on the water.
The chalk talk will be taught by: BJ Jones, Tim Porter, Steve Shaw, Dave Rink and Mike Minett.
- Cost - $150 non members and $50 LNYC members for 4 classes
- Tuesdays from 6-8pm - September 6, 13, 20 and 27
- Bring your own boat or crew on a boat
- Apps and Taps after sailing
The topics we will cover are:
- Racing 101 -Start line clinic and mark roundings
- Racing 101 - SI, NOR, race flags, courses
- Sail Trim and boat performance
- Course Strategies, Reading Wind Shifts
4 clinics on small boats: Thistle, Highlanders, U20, Vanguard, 420, Flying Scots
Register Here: https://theclubspot.com/register/camp/VzLiALHLjW/class
If you have questions: Kim Gilliam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 3:43pm on 11 August 2022