The Lake Norman Yacht Club July 4th Regatta
Published 12:00am on 2 Jul 2020
Sunday, July 5th races are scheduled. Saturday, July 4th Racing Has Been Cancelled.
For safety reasons as well as weather, racing has been cancelled for Saturday.
The wind forecast for Saturday is NNW at 3 dropping to 2.
With the trump boat parade it will not be safe for our Juniors sailors nor much fun for the adults based on the following predictions from Iredell County Sheriffs department.
- They are expecting between one thousand to several thousand boats to show up for this parade.
- There are going to be news helicopters, etc.
- The starting point is Cocktail Cove (near the Trump National Golf Course)
- The parade STARTS at 1:00 PM, but they expect traffic to start heading in there much earlier than that.
- Iredell deputies will have their big boat and a wave runner, and Cornelius is sending their boat - that's all the police presence that will be out there.
- The parade is SUPPOSED to be single file - no wake - and goes down to Cornelius, and up to Queen's Landing.
With any luck the weather will cooperate on Sunday. The plan is to run the Saturday racing format for Sunday.
Trophies will be awarded based on average number of boats:
2-3 boats, 1 award
4-5 boats, 2 awards
6 + boats, 3 awards
Last updated 10:42am on 2 July 2020