Published 12:00am on 29 May 2022
If you are interested in learning to sail, we've got an option for you.
First Sail Sunday
- 2 hour sailing experience for anyone - First Sunday of the month; how to get started for beginners; an introduction to sailing in a casual setting. 3 people per boat(Weekdays available by request.)
- All day class, solid foundation of sailing knowledge with time on the boat and lunch, using variety of boats, using "Start Sailing Right" and "Little Red Certification Book"
- Dates: August 27 (28 rain date)
Women/Everyone on the Water (WOW/EOW)
- WOW Woman on the Water in June and August
- EOW Everyone on the Water in July
- 4 week sessions every Tuesday evening from 6-8pm. Low pressure and social, chalk talk, sail and debrief with instructors using "Start Sailing Right"
Second Level Sail
- Second Sail is the next step after Discover Sailing or WOW/EOW. Learn more about maximizing performance of a sailboat. Brings your sailing skills to the next level. 3 people to a boat. This is for anyone looking to take their racing to the next level. Will cover boat performance, starting, tactics, strategy during a LNYC Thursday Night Series race. Clinics on Start Line, Racing tactics and sail trim for performanceCost is $200 for 4 sessions adults only
- Dates: September, Tuesdays from 6-8pm Racing 101
- Dates: Watch for dates this summer
Cruising, Bareboat and Blue Water Seminars
- Learn from our LNYC captains and plan your own adventure.We will hold seminars led by LNYC members on the following topics: Chartering, Provisioning, Itinerary and Safety.
- No Cost appetizers and drinks
- Dates: June 11th, August, October
- We will help connect you with the right instructor to enhance your sailing skills. Whether you're a first year sailor, need helping docking your keelboat or need fine-tuning your racing skills we will tailor the instructor to your needs.
- Dates: As needed determined by instructor and student
For general inquiries: Learn2sail@lnyc.org
Last updated 1:20pm on 6 June 2022