Commission your boat at Commissioning
Published 2:39am on 25 Mar 2021
Do you have a new boat? Are you renaming your boat?
Feedback from membership indicates that there are a number of folks that are either commissioning a new boat or are renaming their boat after a long COVID refit. This creates a great opportunity to add something new to this year's Club Commissioning Ceremony!
Our plan is to hold a vessel commissioning ceremony as part of the Club's commissioning event on April 10th.
Small Boats on Trailers or Dollies:
We will stage boats on the side of the clubhouse and perform a group commissioning ceremony at 11 am.on Commissioning Day April 10th.
Please have your boat in place and ready to go by 10:30, so we have everything set up and ready to go at 11 am.
- Please indicate to Mark Hamilton prior to April 9th, your intent to commission your boat.
- Keelboats to be christened or commissioned should be underway just off the Yacht Club lawn at 1100 on 10 April with champagne on your boat and radio tuned to channel 71
- The renaming/commissioning will be broadcast on channel 71 and over the club PA system beginning at 1100
- Plan to join in the Keelboat Fleet Parade which will leave the docks at 10:30 and pass in review at 11:45
- Owners' Name(s)
- Old Boat Name
- New Boat Name
- Boat Details: Year built, Manufacturer and length
Last updated 5:18pm on 29 March 2022